We’re all excited about Disney World’s reopening in July. But things will not reopen as we left them mid-March. The world has changed and so will our park going experiences for unforeseeable future. Here are 25th things you need to know before you visit including some key dates to remember.
Here are 25 things you must know before you visit Disney World, Disney Springs, and the magic of the Disney theme parks.
Disney World Reopening Dates
May 27, 2020
- Disney Springs is currently opened. However, not all stores and entertainment experiences are taking place. You can find out more in my What’s Currently Open at Disney Springs post.
- Also, visit Disney Spring’s Know Before You Go to ensure you’re prepared for your visit.
- Cast Members will turn away guests who do not meet the requirements for entry.
July 11, 2020
- Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will reopen with reservations.
July 15, 2020
- Epcot and Hollywood Studios will reopen with reservations.
June 22, 2020
Some Disney Vacation Club Resorts are Reopening on June 22
- Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Wilderness Lodge
- Kidani Village at the Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Beach Club Villas
- Boardwalk Villas
- Fort Wilderness
- Old Key West
- Polynesian Villas
- Rivera Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort
- Villas at Grand Floridian Resort
Some dining locations will open on June 22 as well. Guests will need a resort reservation or a dining reservation to be able to enter the resort to eat. The dining locations match the above resort openings.
- Bay Lake/Contemporary locations – Contempo Cafe, The Wave, Cove Bar
- Wilderness Lodge locations – Whispering Canyon Cafe and Roaring Fork
- Animal Kingdom Lodge locations – Sanaa, Maji Pool Bar
- Beach Club locations – Beaches and Cream, Beach Club Marketplace and Martha’s Vineyard
- Boardwalk area – Trattoria al Forno and the pizza window, Boardwalk Bakery, Leaping Horse Libations, AbracadaBar
- Fort Wilderness – P&J’s Southern Takeout, Meadow Snack Bar and Crocket’s Tavern
- Old Key West locations – Olivia’s Cafe, Good’s Food to Go, Gurgling Suitcase
- Polynesian locations – Kona Cafe, Capt. Cook’s Pineapple Lanai, Barefoot Pool Bar
- Rivera Resort locations – Topolino’s Terrace, Primo Piatto, Le Petit Cafe, Bar Riva
- Saratoga Springs locations – The Artist’s Palette, The Paddock Grill, On the Rocks Pool Bar
- Grand Floridian Resort locations – Grand Floridian Cafe, Gasparilla Island Grill, Enchanted Rose, Beaches Pool Bar
25 Things You NEED to Know Before You Go:
- Reservations and valid theme park tickets must be made to enter the four theme parks. No exceptions.
- Having a Disney Resort reservation does NOT guarantee you access to the parks.
- Masks are required in all public spaces including the theme parks and Disney Springs. Guests not wearing masks will not be admitted. This applies to guests ages 2 and older.
- Masks can be removed for swimming and dining.
- You can NOT enter any resort without a resort or dining reservation confirmation.
- Online check-in is available on your My Disney Experience app. But is not required.
- Temperature screening will be in place and guests with a temperature 100.4 or higher will not be admitted.
- Minnie Van service will not be in use.
- Bus Service to the parks and Disney Springs will be available.
- Magical Express is available.
- Club Level will not be available.
- Luggage will be delivered separately from guests.
- Valet Parking is not available at the resorts or Disney Springs
- Pools will require social distancing and may have shortened hours.
- The Electric Water Pagent will not be available.
- Character dining is NOT available with the exception of Topolino’s Terrace at Rivera Resort.
- Character meet and greets will not be available.
- Parades and Fireworks are canceled for the immediate future.
- Park Hopping is suspended for the immediate future.
- All existing dining reservations will be canceled by Disney and new Dining reservations will be made at 60 days prior to arrival.
- All existing Fast Pass reservations will be canceled. and Fast Pass reservations are not available for the immediate future.
- Stormalong Bay will not be open for guests staying at Beach and Yacht Club
- Room Service is unavailable
- Packages will not be delivered to rooms from the theme parks.
- Extra Magic Hours will not take place with the reopening of the parks.
You should also visit Disney’s new Know Before You Go Parks and Resorts site.
What if we decide we don’t want to visit due to the restrictions?
- Disney will refund your deposit and any money you’ve paid towards your vacation and waive any change or cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for all vacations booked up to October 3rd. Travel insurance is NOT refundable and can only be moved to a new travel date. This is subject to change at any time.
What if my child will not wear a mask?
- Disney requires all guests ages 2 and older to wear a mask in any of their public locations. If you or your child are unable to wear a mask they kindly ask you to reschedule your trip.