Deluxe Life at Disney World!
Why Stay Deluxe
Last updated: March 4, 2018
Disney World is amazing with all it has to offer it’s guests.? Staying Deluxe, even better!
Of the 22 on property resorts at Disney World, the majority are Deluxe, because really, who doesn’t LOVE deluxe life!
Deluxe Resorts at Disney World
- Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas
- Boardwalk Inn and Villas
- Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa; and Villas
- Polynesian Resort, Villas and Bungalows (my personal favorite)
- Wilderness Lodge and Villas, plus the new Copper Creek Cabins
- Yacht Club
- Beach Club
- Old Key West
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, and Treehouse Villas
Six Magical Reasons to Stay Deluxe?
1. Signature and Character Dining at your doorstep!?
Each deluxe level resort offers it’s own brand of Signature and Character dining right outside your door.? Many of these dining option shouldn’t be missed!? My personal favorites are the California Grill atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort with views of Magic Kingdom’s nightly fireworks and 1900 Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
2. Monorail, Boat and Bus Transportation, plus Minnie Van Service!?
The monorail has been a long standing favorite of guests, and in Walt’s eyes it was considered the “first attraction” guests experience.? If you stay at Disney’s Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian Resort, the monorail will pick you up right at the resort and deliver you to either Magic Kingdom or Epcot.? Keep in mind that if you are headed to Epcot, you will need to transfer to the Epcot monorail at the Ticket and Transportation Center.
Other modes of transportation from Disney’s Deluxe resorts includes boat service and bus service.? I love to sail the waters of Disney on a nice breezy day!
While not all deluxe resorts offer boat service, they do all have non-stop bus service (meaning they don’t make additional stops at any of Disney’s other resorts) to each park.? The buses, boats and monorail run continuously throughout the day and even hours after the parks close to ensure guests don’t have to wait long to get to their preferred destination.
The newest transportation option around Disney World is the Minnie Van!? This adorable car service operates much like Uber or Lyft. In fact, you will use the Lyft app from your phone to request a pick up.? Once you arrive at your deluxe resort you can ask for the special code to update your Lyft app to include Minnie Van.
3. Club Level and Concierge Service
This is the top level of service at Disney World resorts and shouldn’t be missed!? Once you go concierge, you’ll never go back!
Concierge level guests receive services before their vacation even begins with helpful planning services that include securing dining and fast pass selections.
Don’t like to wait in line at check in?? Yes, I do have guests that this is a top priority!? Concierge level is for you.? Upon arrival you’ll have a separate check in line whisking you to the front and rapidly getting you settled into your stay at the most magical place on earth!
After checking into your resort room, the concierge team offers turn down service, a daily newspaper and most importantly access to a fully stocked lounge complete with beverages, including wine and beer, and lite snacks and appetizers throughout the day, all included in your stay!? This concierge service is also available on Disney Cruise Line, FYI!
Celebrating while on your Disney World vacation?? Make sure you let the concierge team know!? They’re full of surprises to make you stay even more special!
4. Business Center and Meeting Rooms
While this is not my most favorite reason for staying concierge, for some it’s a necessity and it’s nice that Disney has spaces that make working on vaca more enjoyable!? If this is you, Deluxe resorts have accommodations to help you out.
For others, bringing together your team for a work meeting or get-away is priortiy.? There’s nothing like a conference at Walt Disney World to keep your team motivated! Many large organizations use Disney’s multiple meeting spaces and conference rooms as their choice for business meet ups.? In fact, my team does so annually!? I highly recommend it
5. Valet Parking
If you are driving to Disney World, or renting a car when you get here (which I don’t recommend) Disney Deluxe resorts offer complimentary valet parking for your stay.? Not staying Deluxe?? Valet parking at Disney Springs runs as much as $25 per night!? Yikes!
6. Spa Life?
Top off your magical Disney Vacation with a visit to the spa.? “Senses” is located at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Saratoga Springs Resort.? You don’t have to be staying at one of these resorts to have a spa treatment, but it is nice to have it right at your fingertips!
The spa menu is extensive and the quality top notch.? Reservations are recommended, just like any of the other magical extras Disney offers.? Staying concierge?? Your concierge team can take care of this for you!
What’s the difference between Disney’s Deluxe and Moderate Resorts
This is a question I get asked often and I’m happy to answer!? Of course all of the things I listed above are Deluxe amenities, but there are some other differences as well.
- Deluxe Rooms have doors that open to interior corridors.? Moderate resort rooms open to the outside.
- Deluxe Resorts have main pool with large slides or mini water park style pools, along with additional quite pools.? Moderate resorts have main pools with slides but not as elaborate as deluxe resorts.? They also have quite pools as well.
- Deluxe Resorts have Signature dining options, table service restaurants and quick service dining locations.? Most even have a character dining experience.? Deluxe resorts do not have food courts. Moderate resorts have both table service and quick service options but do not have the signature or character dining option.
- Deluxe Resorts have larger more upscale resort stores, featuring some of brand name souvenir options like Dooney & Burke, Alex and Ani, Pandora Jewelry and resort ware like Tommy Bahama and Lily Pulitzer. Moderate resorts have souvenir stores with more main stream options.
- Deluxe Resorts have onsite gyms and salons.? Moderate resorts do not with the exception of Coronado Springs.
My Favorite Deluxe Resorts
This is strictly a personal thing, all of the Deluxe Resorts are amazing!? But my most favorite in all of Disney World is Disney’s Polynesian Resort!? Located on Seven Seas Lagoon with views of Magic Kingdom, this resort feels like you’ve been whisked away from Central Florida and off the the Polynesian!? I love the magical feel of this resort!
My second favorite Deluxe resort is Disney’s Beach Club Resort.? This resort is located in the Epcot Resort area and is within walking distance into the back entrance of Epcot and the World Showcase.? The atmosphere around the Atlantic style Boardwalk here is fun for all ages!? AND even more fun, the Storm Along Bay Resort pool that is shared with Disney’s Yacht Club!? This is by far the most popular resort pool on property!
Looking for more help planning your Disney World Vacation?? Contact me today at email@example.com for a quote!
Also, follow along on my Facebook page for daily tips, tricks and looks inside our Magical Disney and other Family Vacation Adventures!