Fireworks Dessert Parties at Disney World
Table of Contents
I’ve been sharing magical extras for your Disney World vacation. The dessert parties are at the top of my list for magical extras! Sure, you can come to Disney play all day in each of the four theme parks, maybe spend a day swimming at the pool or visiting Disney Springs and add on a character dining meal or two and have the best trip ever!!! But there’s also a million more magical extras to add to your Disney vacation to customize the experience!
Recently I spent an evening at the Magic Kingdom with plans to attend the Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert Party. Let’s just say I wasn’t disappointed!
I’ve always been reluctant to do this because of my food allergies. I assumed that I wouldn’t get my monies worth when most desserts are filled with gluten. And while I couldn’t eat near the number of treats that my friends did, I was certainly stuffed to the brim and on a sugar high by the time we were done. The desserts were amazing and, the fun, well it was priceless.
Personally, I just picked around the deserts that I knew to have gluten, like cupcakes and brownies. That being said I am not celiac but just sensitive to gluten and try to avoid it at all costs. If you are celiac you can request a dessert plate separate from the buffet line. Disney is AMAZING with food allergies! You can eat safely here!
We arrived at Tomorrowland Terrace to start the dessert party at 7:30, the fireworks were scheduled for 9 pm on our party night.
Disney recommends you check the daily times guide on your dessert party day to ensure the fireworks time hasn’t changed and you don’t miss the party. The party starts 75 mins prior to the fireworks show.
We checked in, were given a wristband and then escorted to a reserved table. Then we were free to explore the dessert buffet!
There were endless options for deserts including a fruit and cheese tray for those that want it. However, they seemed to be the least touched items!
They also had a decorate your own dessert station that could be a lot of fun for the kids. The station included cookies and cupcakes with icing and toppings galore. I skipped this table. I prefer my desserts to be perfectly decorated by someone else. Kidding. Sort of.
After enjoying a few trips to the buffet, no shame here, and grabbing a bottle of water for to take with me, we headed over to the Plaza Garden to wait for the fireworks show.
Reserved Fireworks Viewing
As you approach the gate for the Plaza Garden (grassy area) your wristband is checked and you’re let inside. The exact spot you choose on the grass is first come, first serve, but honestly there’s plenty of room. Don’t rush through your desserts because you’re anxious about a good view. We showed up about 10 minutes prior to the fireworks show and still had a great spot.
We also had time to take this fun picture to commemorate the experience. Of course, the Photopass photographer will use your personal camera for any shot they take in the parks, but at night their camera does a much better job!
You can download all of your photos including ride photos if you purchase the Memory Maker photo package. But I digress!
Have your picture taken and settle into your spot to see the show!
Happily Ever After Fireworks
The Happily Ever After fireworks show debuted on May 12, 2017, and takes the place of Wishes, my all time favorite fireworks show. But Happily Ever After is great too! The thing to know about this show is that it includes projections onto Cinderella’s Castle as well as the fireworks in the sky, so you’ll want to be able to see both!
What you need to know to Reserve your Dessert Party Spot
- 180 days prior to arrival you can book by calling 407-WDW-DINE or on your My Disney Experience account.
- The reservations line opens at 7 am EST
- If you don’t see availability that day call in and also check back, sometimes reservations get added at a later date.
- Parties schedule varies by season. During slower times the party may not happen every night.
- This event does not accept dining plan credits.
- You’ll pay in full at the time of booking the event.
- Cost depends on location. For a reserved seat at Tomorrowland Terrace during fireworks $84 per adult, $50 for kids ages 3-9. For reserved space in the Plaza Garden like I did, $65 per adult and $39 per child ages 3-9. Prices are subject to change.
- Cancellations and refunds can be made up to 24 hours prior to the event.
You can see more from Disney here.
There are several other dessert parties to choose from:
- Star Wars, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party in Hollywood Studios.
- Epcot hosts the Frozen Ever After desert party.
- Celebration at the Top at California Grill, Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Fantasmic Dessert Party Hollywood Studios
- Pirates and Pals Dessert Voyage
- Tiana’s Riverboat Party – Ice Cream Social and Parade viewing in the Magic Kingdom
Have more questions or need help? Email me at Jamie@LOTMV.com