Five of My Favorite Las Vegas Hot Spots
Table of Contents
I love Las Vegas! I’ve been visiting for over 15 years mostly for work purposes but I always manage to squeeze in some fun!
Over the years I’ve accumulated a list of my favorite go-to places and finally, I’m going to share them with you!
Hotels & Pools
I’ve stayed and played at more Las Vegas resorts than I can count but only a couple stand out in my mind as favorites!
1. The Wynn
The Wynn is my favorite low key resort and pool. The poolside bar service is fantastic and the beautiful grounds complete with gorgeous cabanas are at the top of my list!
Walking into the Wynn with its colorful interiors makes for a highlight of my vacation! After all, doesn’t everyone love fancy accommodations?!
Plus the rooms with their floor to ceiling windows are amazing!
2. MGM Resort is my top choice for a moderate or less expensive hotel stay. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not cheap by any means, but in comparison to my favorite, this is the more affordable option. The rooms are fresh and well kept and perfectly comfortable for your stay.
The MGM Grand Pool Complex is huge and has a pool for all of your different moods. A quieter pool for relaxing and enjoying drinks and the Vegas sun and for a more upbeat crazier experience you should hang out in the lazy river! By late afternoon the lazy river is jam-packed full of people and hard to move through so make sure you enjoy it earlier in the day and enjoy the loud music with a drink in hand!
3. Mon Ami Gabi
This French steakhouse is a favorite of mine that I eat at nearly every time I’m in Vegas. It’s located at the Paris Hotel across Las Vegas Blvd from the Bellagio.
Mon Ami Gabi has a few things going for it. Location is at the top of the list. Make a reservation for about 30 mins prior to your desired eating time and when you arrive put your name on the patio waitlist.
You can’t make a reservation specifically for the patio so this is the only way to be seated outside. And trust me this is where you want to sit! No matter what the temperature is!
The hustle bustle happening on Las Vegas Blvd, the lit up strip and the views of the Bellagio fountains are worth the extra wait!
As if you needed any more reasons to eat here they have fantastic gluten free options including my favorite filet mignon and shallow fried frites. (yes I spelled that correctly!)
4. FiAmma Italian Kitchen – MGM Resort
Another of my favorite Las Vegas restaurants that is a great go-to location! Fabulous food and drinks and a beautiful atmosphere.
Their gluten-free menu is great and each time the chef makes me special gluten-free bacon smashed potatoes! Yum!
5. Chandelier Bar – at the Cosmopolitan.
The Chandelier Bar is by far the best bar I have EVER been to! It’s a repeat, go to, must see, always recommend bar spot in Vegas! It’s all the things! Just go!
The menu is so fun, the drinks super yummy and the bar itself is stunningly beautiful!
Order the off the menu “Buzz Button” and get your video camera ready! It’s the strangest thing EVER!
More to know about Las Vegas
* You can make reservations at most restaurants on Open Table
* MGM is huge! One of the largest casino and hotels on the Vegas Strip, aka Las Vegas Blvd.
* The Wynn is smaller than the MGM yet still big. There are casinos at both resorts.
* The Cosmopolitan does not have a casino and is part of the newer City Center area next to the Bellagio and is home to a high-end shopping area, The Cosmopolitan, Aria, Madrin Oriental and Vedara hotels.
* The Bellagio fountains play nightly every 15 minutes on the hour. The fountains dance to various songs amazing guests of all ages. It’s a must see!
* For a really crazy adults only pool club experience visit the Wet Republic at MGM. Men will pay a cover charge. Women are typically free. While here you can expect an overly loud and rowdy crowd with drinks galore.
* Reserve a “daybed” for reserved seating next to the lazy river front. These large beds seat 6 and have bar and food service staff. You can also reserve a cabana for nearby reserved seating. All other lounge chairs in the pool complex are on a first come first serve basis.
* Stay at Mandalay Bay for a great family pool. Good for adults too but it’s zero entry sand pool is fun for the kids!
* For an old school Vegas vibe and cheap blackjack take an Uber or taxi to Fremont Street. The original Downtown Vegas location. You’ll be delighted to see the show in the sky or to zip line across the crowd.
Additional Vegas Dining Locations Worth Trying!
* Mon Ami Gabi brunch – Paris
* China Pablano – Cosmopolitan
* Lake Side – Wynn
* Mizumi – Wynn
* Burger Bar – Mandalay Bay
* Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak – Mirage
* Bouchon – The Venetian
* Black Tap – The Venetian
* Beauty & Essex – Cosmopolitan
Want to share your favorites? Comment on my Facebook here!
Follow on Instagram here!
Need help planning your Las Vegas vacation? I can help! Just email me at jamie@LOTMV.com.