Disney’s Rivera Resort
Staying Deluxe at Disney World
Disney’s Rivera Resort is the newest resort at Disney World and one you won’t want to miss. It might very well be my new favorite when it comes to room decor, size of the resort and easy access to the new Skyliner!
Even if you’re not staying at Disney’s Rivera Resort you will want to visit for the great food and views from Topolinos! Let’s take a look!
Disney’s Rivera Resort is the 15th Disney Vacation Club Resort. It opened on December 16, 2019.
The resort is based on Walt and Lilian Disney’s travels throughout Europe. Guests can see photos of their travels displayed throughout the resort.
Four Things I LOVE at Disney’s Rivera Resort
- The Rivera Vibe – It seems silly but the feeling you get when pulling up to this resort screams a luxury vacation. Disney’s Rivera Resort is relatively small in terms of Disney Resorts and you can feel that when walking in the doors. You literally feel like you’ve stepped into another era full of European class.
- Topolino’s – Specifically for breakfast. I’ve eaten at Topolinos for both breakfast and dinner and while I could easily recommend them both, the food is amazing, I would specifically pick breakfast for a number of reasons. The character interactions and adorable outfits are top-notch, the views are stunning and the food is simply amazing! Most character meals are buffet in style. The food is typically pretty good but they are buffets. At Topolinos it is a plated menu meaning you can choose your personal entree and enjoy. The menu is to die for good too!
- Access to Disney’s Skyliner, more specifically Rivera Resorts access – Having Disney’s Skyliner nearby is awesome but the small tunnel pass through to get to the Skyliner from Disney’s Rivera Resort is a must-see! Even if you’re not staying there. The beautiful music artwork wrapped from floor to ceiling sharing some of our most beloved Disney stories is magical!
- The Art Work – I love interior design. I love Disney. The two wrapped up together in one makes my heart sing. Disney’s Rivera Resort is full of art and photography that shares Walt and Lilian Disney’s travels through Europe complemented by Disney flares in all styles of art. The best part, when you fall in love with a particular piece of art, or one or two or three… you can take them HOME WITH YOU! This is the greatest souvenir ever!
Disney’s Rivera Resort is home to 300 rooms in the Deluxe Villa category.
Villa meaning a few things at Disney World.
- Rivera is a part of the Disney Vacation Club so each room has some type of kitchen amenities. Either a full kitchen or kitchenette depending on the room type chosen.
- The resort does not offer concierge or club level amenities like other Deluxe Level Resorts
Even though Disneys Rivera Resort is a Disney Vacation Club Resort, all guests are able to book and stay here.
There are five room types here including the newest of room categories at Disney World, a Tower Studio.
- Tower Studio
- Deluxe Studio
- 1 Bedroom Villa
- 2 Bedroom Villa
- 3 Bedroom Grand Villa
- The Tower Studio is the newest room type to be offered at Disney World. This small room with a queen pull-down bed sleeps 2.
- The Deluxe Studio offers guests a more typical room experience with 1 queen bed, a pull-down bed similar to a murphy bed and a single pull-down bed intended for children and younger adults. This room sleeps 5.
- The One Bedroom Villa is one of my favorites in terms of layout and decor. The main bedroom has a king-size bed. In the living space, there is a pull-down queen bed to accommodate 2 and an additional single pull-down bed. The room sleeps 5 total but also has a full kitchen and dining space.
- The Two Bedroom Villa accommodates 9 guests with a king-size bed, 2 queen size beds in bedroom number two, 1 queen size pull-down and one single pull-down bed in the living space.
- Disney’s Rivera Resort also offers a 2 bedroom lock-off room that includes the one-bedroom and deluxe studio room as one accommodation. The connecting doors open between the two rooms accommodating 10 guests.
- The Three Bedroom villa accommodates 12 guests with a king-size bed, 4 queen size beds, and 1 queen sleeper sofa.
No matter what room you choose at Disney’s Rivera Resort I’m sure you’ll agree it’s a great place to stay when visiting Disney World!
Checking into Disney’s Rivera Resort
Disney’s Rivera Resort check-in process is a bit different than most resorts and is a pretty cool addition if you ask me!
When you arrive Cast Members will greet you at the check-in line and then escort you to either the check-in desk, which is more like a table or to a nearby sofa where your check-in will happen on an iPad.
It’s more casual and convenient and feels more friendly as Cast Members are not “stuck” behind a formal desk but free to move about the lobby to better interact with guests. I think it’s a really neat concept and also leaves the check-in desk area, free for other activities if needed. The casual check-in process is certainly an improvement if you ask me.
- Check-in begins at 3 pm
- Check out at 11 am
Additionally, guests can save time and skip the check-in line by completing the mobile check-in on their My Disney Experience app prior to arriving at the resort.
Once you’ve added in your credit card and a pin number in the app and received your Magic Bands in the mail, you’ll be good to go upon arrival.
When your room is ready you’ll receive a text and have the ability to see your assigned room and even unlock the door from the app. It’s like magic!
TIP: Another great feature when you use the online app check-in is the ability to put in your resort arrival time.
Often times my room has been ready when I arrive at the resort rather than having to wait for the typical 3 pm check-in time.
While this is not guaranteed I think when we provide the resort with our arrival time they’re able to prioritize who gets the rooms that are immediately available.
Room Views – Disney’s Rivera Resort offers two views.
- A standard view – views of the parking lot.
- Preferred view – includes views of the pool, lake, courtyard, gardens or Skyliner.
Some standard view rooms have views of the Epcot fireworks from your balcony! This is just luck of the draw.
Dining Options at Rivera Resort
- Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Rivera – Signature Dining
- Topolino’s Terrace – breakfast only
Coffee, Wine & Lounges at Rivera Resort
- Le Petit Cafe – coffee by day, wine and mixed drinks into the evening
- The Voyageurs’ Lounge
- Primo Piatto
Open-air pool bar near the feature pool
- Bar Riva
Amenities and Activities
- Business Center
- Laundry Services – self service
- Valet and Self Parking – fee applies
- Baby and Childcare services – fee applies
- Athletique Fitness Center
- Salo Services
- Feature Pool with stone turret slide
- Interactive Water Play Area – S’il Vous Play
- Leisure Pool – Beau Soleil
La Boutique – This small store offers Rivera Resort merchandise where you can also purchase the art you’ve seen throughout the resort.
This is a great new option for guests to take home a part of their experience. I love this!
You’ll also find a small collection of grocery items and DVC resort merchandise.
- Magic Kingdom – Bus transportation
- Epcot – Skyliner or limited bus transportation
- Hollywood Studios – Skyliner or limited bus transportation
- Animal Kingdom – Bus transportation
Guests can also utilize Minnie Van service through the Lyft app or other ride share operators as well.
If you are going to Magic Kingdom and do not want to ride the bus, Minnie Van is the best option as it will drop you off in the bus loop closest to the Main Gate.
If you opt for another ride share option they will drop you off at the Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC) and you will need to take the monorail or boat to the Main Gate.
Club Level or Concierge Level service is not offered at Disney’s Rivera Resort. This is because it’s an exclusive Disney Vacation Club/Villa type property.
Guests who are not DVC are able to reserve a room here through the normal booking channels.
Disney’s Rivera Resort is in the Epcot Resort area.
In fact, depending on your room view you are able to see the nightly fireworks from your balcony!
Other Deluxe Resorts at Disney World
- Polynesian Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Wilderness Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Boardwalk Resort
- Beach Club
- Yacht Club
More on Disney’s Moderate Resorts can be found here.
More on Disney’s Value Resorts can be found here.