Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Staying Deluxe at Disney
I’ve visited the Grand Floridian more times than I can count, ate at multiple restaurants, multiple times but I’ve yet to stay!? I’m excited to finally be staying over the 4th of July weekend!? It’s a surprise for my husband and kids!? We LOVE the festivities during the holidays and the fireworks are the best you’ll ever see!? So a day at the pool during the hottest season in Florida sounds like the perfect all American 4th of July weekend!
This monorail resort has the elegance and styling of a Victorian-themed resort of? Palm Beach’s golden era.? The resort is situated next to the Magic Kingdom on Seven Seas Lagoon and has views of Cinderella’s Castle and “The Happily Ever After” nightly fireworks show.
Although the Magic Kingdom is next to the Grand Floridian Resort, it is not easily accessible by foot.? It is best to take the monorail from the second floor of the main building, one stop and you will be at the Main Gate.? If you are looking for a resort with walking access to the Magic Kingdom, check out Disney’s Contemporary Resort.?
You can easily walk between Disney’s Polynesian Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.? As you pass between the two, you’ll walk by Disney’s Wedding Pavilion where brides can have a fairytale wedding complete with views of Cinderella’s Castle during the ceremony!?
- 842 Rooms – accommodate up to 4 guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib.
- Club Level accommodations available
- Rooms have 2 queen beds and 1-day bed
n size beds, or one king size bed and day bed
- 25 Suites
- 147 Villas
- Standard Room – 4 guests
- 1 Bedroom Suite – 6 guests
- 2 Bedroom Suite – 8 guests
- Deluxe Studio – 4 guests
- 1 Bedroom Villa – 4 guests
- 2? Bedroom Villa – 4 guests
- Standard Room 448 sq ft
- 1 Bedroom 931 sq ft
- 2 Bedroom Suite 1,362 sq ft
- Deluxe Studio – 374 sq ft
- 1 Bedroom Villa – 844 sq ft
- 2 Bedroom Villa – 1,232 sq ft
- Main Building – Concierge Level Rooms and Suites
- Sago Cay – Lagoon and marina view rooms, garden view dormer rooms, tower rooms, hospitality suites, one and two bedroom suites
- Sugarloaf Key – Concierge Rooms
- Conch Key – Pool, marina and lagoon views, hospitality suites, one and two bedroom suites
- Boca Chica – Standard guest rooms, lagoon, pool, dormer and tower rooms
- Big Pine Key – Lagoon, pool and garden views
- Check-In: 3 pm
- Out: 11 am
- Guests arriving earlier or later can check in and have their bags held by the bellhop.
- Guests can pre-check in from the My Disney Experience app
Signature Dining/Table Service:
Character Dining/Table Service:
- Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (You can view pictures of the breakfast on my Facebook page here)
- Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
- Beaches Pool Bar & Grill
- Courtyard Pool Bar
- Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room
- Citricos Chef’s Domain
- Disney’s Perfectly Princess Tea
- Garden View Tea Room
In Room Dining Available
- 2 pools including the Beach Pool
- Beach Pool Water Play Area
- Themed Slide
- Poolside Cabana Rentals
- White Sand Beaches for Sunbathing (you can also see Disney’s Polynesian Resort and the Wedding Pavillion in this picture)
- Senses Spa
- Ivy Trellis Salon
- Health Club
- Boat rentals including the Grand 1 Yacht
- Movies under the Stars
- Running Trail
- Valet Service
- Coin Laundry
- Basin White
- Commander Porters
- M. Mouse Mercantile
- Sandy Cove Gifts and Sundries
- Summer Lace – I love to shop here for resort wear and cute dresses!
- Bus to all 4 Parks, Disney Springs, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach
- Monorail to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot
- Boat to the Magic Kingdom
- Exclusive Check-in Line
- Concierge team to assist with reservations and other needs pre and during stay
- Royal Palm Club and Sugarloaf Lodge Club Access includes:
- Continental Breakfast
- Mid-day snacks
- Evening wine and appetizers
Magic Kingdom Resort area.? One of the 3 monorail resorts.
4401 Floridian Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Additional Things to Know:
- The Electrical Parade can be seen nightly from the beach and theme park view rooms.
- Fireworks can be seen from the “Theme Park View” Rooms
- The Monorail stops on the second floor of this resort daily, above the main entrance.
- During the holidays a life-size gingerbread house is on display.? Inside there are treats to buy! (for additional Grand Floridian Christmas pictures, go to my Facebook page here)
- The Grand Floridian Christmas tree stands 5 stories tall in the large open-air atrium.
- During the Easter season, large hand-painted chocolate eggs are on display with different themes each year. (For additional Easter pictures at the Grand Floridian go to my Facebook page here)
- On New Year’s Eve, Disney’s Grand Floridian resort hosts a party in the atrium complete with a live band and balloon drop at midnight.
Other Deluxe Resorts at Disney World
- Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas
- Boardwalk Inn and Villas
- Contemporary Resort
- Polynesian Resort, Villas and Bungalows
- Wilderness Lodge, Villas and Copper Creek Cabins
- Yacht Club Resort
- Beach Club Resort and Villas
- Old Key West Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort, Spa and Treehouse Villas
Click here to explore Moderate Resorts and Value Resorts
Need more help planning your Walt Disney World Vacation?? I’m happy to help!? Email me for questions or a free quote!? email@example.com