A perfect family vacation starts with a well-thought-out plan. Winging it is not the way to go no matter where you’re visiting.
Before planing a vacation anywhere spend a little time researching your must-see places and activities that you don’t want to miss. With those things in mind, it’s easy to pull together the perfect vacation itinerary for your family vacation.
This inspiring itinerary for London and Paris is a great start to pulling all of your plans together. It’s perfect for adults and families alike, complete with luxury accommodations or something a little more budget-friendly if desired.
The Perfect London & Paris Vacation Itinerary for Families
Table of Contents
Spend your family vacation exploring London and Paris with ease. On this inspiring itinerary, you’ll spend 11 days exploring two great European cities and connect the two with a short 3-hour ride on the chunnel.
No family travels the same way or has the same needs and desires. Each destination you’d like to visit can be customized to your wants and needs. Below I’m sharing a sample inspiring itinerary to help you discover just how fantastic your next luxury family vacation can be! Let’s dive in!
Arrive in London, England to explore all this family-friendly destination has to offer.
- Enjoy lunch and explore the area onboard one of London’s famous double-decker buses before settling in for a delicious dinner and a great night’s sleep to kick off a week of discovering 2 truly magical countries!
Welcome to the Tower of London where you’ll be greeted by one of the famous Beefeater guards. Also referred to as “Yeomen Warders,” the Beefeater guards were originally formed in 1485 by Henry VII.
- Enjoy a private viewing of the Royal Crown Jewels. Experience this early access, once-in-a-lifetime, private viewing of the Royal Crown Jewels at the Tower of London led by the Tower of London’s Jewel House Warden.
- Hop onboard a high-speed private boat ride on the River Thames. Speed along the River Thames and see historical sites and iconic scenery on this special tour of Central London.
- For lunch don’t miss the opportunity to eat at a local British Pub
After lunch, enjoy Westminster Abbey, the beautiful cathedral that has been the site of coronations, royal weddings, and countless historical events. This is a must for any lover of the Royal family.
- Take in this “Instagramable moment” and enjoy a walk from St. James Park to Buckingham Palace where you can snap a pic in front of the historic residence of England’s royal family. If you’re lucky you might even witness the royal guards on horseback at Whitehall.
Today you’ll travel to a beautiful estate located minutes from historic Windsor.
- Grab a bow and arrow and put your marksmanship to the test as you take in the idyllic pastoral setting.
- Enjoy lunch and experience the quaint town of Windsor.
The Royal Borough of Windsor is home to the historic Windsor Castle—the Queen of England’s favorite weekend getaway—and is filled with excellent shops, boutiques, and pubs.
- Don’t miss Windsor Castle and see how Kings and Queens live as you walk the grounds of Windsor Castle, home to the British royal family since the 11th century.
- A local guide will accompany you to provide commentary on the history of the castle and its stunning grounds. Still used as a royal residence, Windsor Castle is the largest inhabited castle in the world.
Wake up in London and fall asleep in Paris!
Enjoy a delicious British breakfast and lunch before being whisked away to Paris. Today you’ll board the Eurostar train bound for “The City of Light”—Paris!
- After arriving in Paris ascend to the top of Montmartre to explore this charming Parisian district that was once the epicenter of Bohemian life.
- Visit the Place du Tertre square, made famous during the Belle Époque era at the beginning of last century when great artists worked here in their studios, including Monet, Toulouse-Lautrec, Picasso, Dali, and Van Gogh, among others.
Finally, it’s time for one of Paris’s infamous wine tastings at La Bonne Franquette. Taste 3 spectacular wines followed up with a romantic Parisian dinner.
Day five is an adventure-filled day in Paris.
- Enjoy lunch on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower while enjoying an unforgettable 360-degree panoramic view.
- After lunch, take the 341 steps to the 2nd floor of the Eiffel Tower.
- Next, you will discover the rich history of chocolate complete with an interactive demonstration by a professional chocolatier, and try your hand at creating your own chocolate!
The City of Light is at your disposal to explore. Work up an appetite and find a new favorite restaurant to complete the perfect Paris day.
Today you’ll visit the Sainte-Chapelle, Notre Dame, and the Louvre Museum. Add dream-worthy destinations packed with experiences your kids will remember for a lifetime.
- Explore this Gothic-style chapel built during the second half of the 13th century for King Louis IX before viewing the Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Pose for a keepsake photo in front of historic Notre Dame Cathedral. Another “Instagramable moment” when you snap the family picture with this iconic building in the background.
- Wander the quaint cobblestone streets of the historic Latin Quarter enjoying coffee and lunch along the way.
- In the afternoon visit the Louvre Museum and discover the vast collection of artistic treasures housed in this illustrious museum. A private guide and art expert is the perfect way to see the world’s greatest masterpieces, including Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.
Visiting Paris wouldn’t be complete without dinner on the Seine. A personal favorite dining option. Everything tastes better while on a river cruise.
Includes a privately guided tour of the Château de Versailles.
Travel to Versailles to see how King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette lived in extravagant luxury before the French Revolution. With a private guide, tour the royal apartments and explore the grandeur of this fairy tale palace that dazzles your senses with its gilt ceilings, crystal chandeliers, ornate furniture, and famous Hall of Mirrors.
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at La Flottille, overlooking the Grand Canal in the parc of Versailles. This casual restaurant lies in the heart of the dramatic Formal Gardens, with its famous fountains of Neptune and Apollo.
- Lunch is followed by a casual bike ride in the Gardens of Versailles.
- Hop on your bicycle and explore the winding paths of the palace’s immense estate. Discover sweeping vistas, twinkling fountains, elaborate hedges, and trees pruned into immaculate sculptures.
Enjoy your last evening in Paris at a local Parisian restaurant before departing for Disneyland Paris in the morning.
Day Eight to Eleven:
Disneyland Paris! A MUST for all Disney lovers!
Enjoy one of Disneyland Paris luxury resorts
- The majestic, Victorian-inspired Disneyland Hotel
- Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel, a modern Marvel superhero art gallery in the form of a hotel
- The 1900s coastal mansion-style of Disney’s Newport Bay Club.
All 3 Resort hotels are just a short stroll from the gates of Disneyland Paris.
Spend your days enjoying all that Disneyland Paris has to offer with admission to both Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park, VIP FASTPASS for the length of your stay that reduces your wait time so you can squeeze as much magic as possible into your stay.
Are London and Paris on your travel bucket list? We’d love to help get you there!