Disney World has rolled out a new way to visit the park’s post-COVID-19 closures.
On July 11, 2020, when the Disney World Theme parks reopen guests won’t be able to show up at the gates like in days past.
Before you visit Disney World you must have a valid theme park ticket AND a Disney World Park Pass Reservation.
Park Reservations are made with Disney’s new “Parks Pass Reservation System” that can be accessed via your My Disney Experience account.
If you don’t’ currently have an account, you’ll need to make one prior to reserving park days. This is no longer an option when visiting Disney World.
Making Theme Park Reservations
Reserving a park day is not hard but there are a few steps needed to ensure your success.
Before doing anything please visit Disney’s Know Before You Go website.
It is important that you check it regularly before your trip. Disney will update all rules and regulations here.
Follow these steps to make park reservations.
- Guests who are looking to book new resort reservation packages or purchase stand-alone tickets should check the Disney World availability calendar prior to making a purchase. Having a theme park ticket and/or resort reservation does NOT guarantee entrance into the parks.
Note that there are three types of availability to choose from on the availability calendar. Make sure you select the correct type of reservation to get the correct availability.
2. Immediately after making your resort reservation or purchasing park tickets login to your My Disney Experience account.
3. Link your reservation or park tickets to your My Disney Experience account. This information will then show in your daily plans.
4. Select “View Availability” under the Important Message Box. This is where you’ll start the process of making your Disney World Park Pass reservation.
5. Create your party – select the guest’s names that will be visiting the parks with you. All guests must have valid theme park tickets to make park reservations.
6. Select a date and the park you’d like to visit.
7. Select your arrival time. You will only have one option which is the full day’s park hours.
8. Review and confirm your plans. You will need to click the box agreeing to terms and conditions and the Covid-19 liability waiver.
After your reservation is confirmed you’ll see this screen notes on “When You Arrive”.
9. You’ll then repeat for each park day you’d like to visit.
Things to Know
- Park reservations should be made as soon as your vacation package or tickets have been purchased. Park availability is subject to change and entrance is not guaranteed with purchase.
- Guests can make reservations for as many days tickets they have. All tickets linked to a resort vacation package expire at the end of the resort stay.
- Guests with stand-alone tickets are good for the “valid use period only”. Guests who have tickets remaining from the 2020 park closure period expire on September x, 2021.
- Guests with Annual Passes can reserve up to 3 days at a time thought September 2021 unless they have a resort reservation. Resort reservation length of stay trumps the 3-day annual pass holder limit.
To book new Disney World vacation packages please email jamie@LOTMV.com