Cue the adorable red SUV’s complete with polka dots that drive around Disney World in style! I mean aren’t you just dying to try one? Or perhaps pop some dots on your own SUV! Just me?
There are times you SHOULD choose Disney’s Minnie Van and other times that there’s a better and less expensive, albeit not as adorable, option to get around Disney World.
The Basics of Disney’s Minnie Van service:
Table of Contents
- Minnie Van’s can be used to go anywhere on Disney World property, the Orlando International Airport and Port Canaveral.
- Minnie Van operates like Uber/Lyft in that it’s a rideshare type service.
- You access Minnie Van service via the Lyft app on your phone.
- Accessible rides can be requested by calling 407- 828-3500, 40-60 minutes ahead of your desired pick up time.
- All Minnie Vans are driven by a Cast Member rather than an individual, potentially making it a safer option.
- Car Seats are available in each Minnie Van at no additional charge which makes it a great option for families with small children.
- The pickup location will show on the map.
- When you’re returning to your resort you can request to be dropped off at any of the main buildings or closer to your room.
Hours, Location & Cost
Disney’s Minnie Van service runs daily from 6:30 AM to 12:30 AM to all locations on Disney World property including:
- Disney’s resort hotels
- Disney’s four theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom.
- Disney’s two water parks: Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach.
- Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex
- Disney Springs.
- Disney World resorts to Orlando International Airport. 6 am to 11:59 pm
- Disney World to Port Canaveral
Cost of the Minnie Vans at Disney
- The cost of Disney’s Minnie Van service begins at a flat $15 pick up fee plus per-mile fee. The per-mile fee is based on demand and runs between $2.75 and $3 per mile. Rides typically cost around $30.
- Before accepting the ride on the app you’ll be able to see the total amount being charged.
- Guests can use Minnie Van to the Orlando International Airport instead of Magical Express from 7 AM to midnight.
- Minnie Van to the airport – $155 one way or $300 round trip. You can book this service in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY or your travel agent, that’s me!
- Minnie Van to Port Canaveral to board Disney Crusie Line is $240 each way and can be reserved by calling the Disney Cruise Line Embarkation Service line. 1-800-395-9374.
Pick Up and Drop Off Locations for Minnie Vans
- Pick up at Main Building Lobby. Drop off at the lobby or closer to your room.
- Pick up and drop off at the bus loop.
Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom
- Near the main gate
Disney’s Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon
- Pick up and drop off at the entrance.
- Pick up and drop off at the taxi station by the AMC movie theater on the west side OR the old bus loop on the east side.
Orlando International Airport
- Pick up at baggage claim escalators. Drop off at the airline departure gate.
Hoop de Doo Musical Review
- At Pioneer Hall where the restaurant is located.
When SHOULD you use a Minnie Van?
If you’re looking for a faster mode of transportation from your Disney World location to Magic Kingdom. Do not Uber or Lyft.
Here’s why. The only vehicles allowed to drop off passengers at the gates of Magic Kingdom are a Disney bus and Minnie Van service.
All other vehicles including Uber/Lyft drivers will drop passengers off at the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center) and then guests will need to board either the Monorail or Ferry to Magic Kingdom. Using the monorail or ferry will add an additional 15 minutes or longer to your travel time.
- Guests staying or traveling from the monorail resorts, Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian should use the monorail to Magic Kingdom. This is still the most effective form of transportation.
This drop off location is only true for Magic Kingdom. All other parks and guest locations can be easily accessed with a standard Uber/Lyft.
If you need a car seat, use Disney’s Minnie Van service.
Small guests who require the use of a car seat should consider Disney’s Minnie Van service. Each car has two convertible car seats, meaning they can be used forward or rear-facing and the driver has been trained on how to properly install the car seats. There is no additional charge for the use of car seats when traveling with Minnie Van.
Use Disney’s Minnie Van when you have a dining reservation at Hoop de Doo Musical Review.
Guests with dinner reservations at Hoop de Doo Musical Review at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Campground should consider using Disney’s Minnie Van service to be dropped off in close proximity to the show.
The restaurant is located at the back of Ft. Wilderness and requires resort guests to “bus hop” to get to the final destination.
- If you’re traveling from the Magic Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge or one of the three monorail resorts you can take a boat directly to Hoop de Doo Musical Review.
When you take a resort bus to Hoop de Doo Musical Review you’ll first stop at the front of the resort and then need to transfer to an inner bus loop bus.
Uber/Lyft will drop guests near the front bus loop and guests will have to board the bus to reach the back of the resort for the dinner show. One you should see I might add!
Use Disney’s Minnie Van when you have an early morning breakfast at another resort.
Resort hopping is hard work! When you have an early morning breakfast at a resort other than your own. You’ll have to take a bus from your resort to a park, and then from the park, you’ll transfer to another bus traveling the resort you’re eating at.
- For example, You’re staying at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort and have reservations at Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge for breakfast. If using Disney’s bus system you would take a resort bus to Animal Kingdom (park) then transfer to a different bus to take you to Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is a lot of time and hassle. In these situations, consider using Minnie Van.
In this particular situation, you could use Uber/Lyft in place of Minnie Van to save some money UNLESS you’re trying to get to Magic Kingdom. Then you need to use a Minnie Van.
How to reserve a Minnie Van at Disney.
- Download the Lyft app on your phone. Use code JAMIE14024 and I can earn a free ride. Thanks in advance!
- Set up your account including the credit card you’d like to use to pay for your ride.
- Enter your destination in the “Where are you going?” box. \
- Slide through the ride options until you get to “Minnie Van”.
- Click on the purple “Select Minnie Van” button.
- Confirm payment option.
- Wait for your ride to show up. The wait time will be updated as your Minnie Van gets closer.
Can I take a Minnie Van to Universal?
- Disney’s Minne Van service is not available to other theme park locations like Universal, Sea World or the like.
How do I know how much my trip will cost?
- Your total trip cost will be shared in the app prior to you accepting the ride.
Do Minnie Van’s have car seats?
- Yes, each Minnie Van has two convertible car seats that can be installed forward or rear-facing. All Cast Members who drive Minnie Vans have been trained to install the car seats safely.
How many people can ride in a Minne Van?
- Minnie Van’s can accommodate up to six passengers and 6 suitcases.
Are Minnie Vans handicap accessible?
- Handicap accessible Minnie Vans can be requested by calling 407-828-3500.
- Standard wheelchairs, motorized vehicles and ECV’s can be accommodated.
I’m staying at the Walt Disney Swan/Dolphin Hotel. Can I use Disney’s Minnie Van Service?
- No. Disney’s Minnie Van service does not currently work for guests staying at the Walt Disney World Swan or Dolphin Hotels.
- In addition, Disney’s Minnie Van service is not available at the Four Seasons Hotel, Disney Springs Area hotels, or Disney’s Good Neighbor Hotels.