You’ve reserved your Disney Cruise Line vacation, now what?
Prior to 2021 getting onboard a Disney Cruise was pretty simple. You paid, you arrived at the port, checked in, and then walked on board. But things have changed, make sure you’re prepared or you will be denied boarding!
Let’s dive inside and review all you need to know to set sail with Disney Cruise Line.
Use these FIVE steps to ensure you can sail with Disney Cruise Line. Make sure you complete them all so that you’re admitted on the ship. Passengers ARE being turned away for not completing the onboarding procedures.
Need to Know Website
Table of Contents
Prior to any Disney Vacation, World, Land, or Sea, you should visit Disney’s Know Before You Go website. This is where you will find the most up-to-date and accurate information. Rules and regulations are changing rapidly and this is the ONLY place you can find 100% up-to-date information.
5 steps to Sailing – Your Check List
You’re paid in full, now what? Don’t assume that’s all you need to do and can just hop on board. It’s not true! There are a number of items that will need to be completed in order to get on the ship and set sail. Follow this checklist, while also checking the Know Before You Go site regularly to ensure you’re able to board the ship.
Download the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App! You’ll need this before the cruise and during the sailing.
- Add your Reservation Number to the app. This will create your cruise countdown calendar on the app homepage that will be really useful in knowing when to complete the various steps to get on board. Plus, who doesn’t LOVE a vacation count down?
- From the home page, select the cruise sailing you’d like to check-in for.
- Create an account on the Safe Passage Website. Each guest 18 or older must create their own separate account. Children under 18 years will be able to use their parent’s account to upload the required documents. This is where you’ll upload your negative Covid test OR your Covid-19 vaccination card.
3. Make sure the Safe Passage website says “Clear to Sail”
- You will receive a QR code via your email registered with the Safe Passage website – keep this handy. You will need it on embarkation day.
- Note: Unvaccinated guests will not have a QR code from Safe Passage until after their port covid test has returned negative and loaded to the Safe Passage website.
- On-site Covid tests are facilitated by Inspire Diagnostic and are self-administered in your car. Results take 45 mins to an hour to return and results will show in your Safe Passage account and on the posted tv screens in the tents.
4. Book your ship activities and excursions on the Disney Navigator app. Your booking window is based on your Castaway Club membership level.
- You can choose from onboard items like specialty dining, beverage tasting classes, Spa and Salon appointments
- Off-ship excursions are also reserved here.
- Onboard gifts and beverage packages
5. Complete your online check-in on the Disney Navigator app.
- Upload a picture for your Key to the World card
- Add a credit card to your account for onboard charging
- Schedule a port arrival time
- After the online check-in procedure is completed and approved you’ll get a QR code to use when boarding the ship.
***Beginning September 2 – November 1, 2021, ALL passengers 12 years and older must be vaccinated to sail on Disney Cruise Line due to the Bahama’s new requirements for a ship to enter a Bahamian Port including Disney’s private island Castaway Cay.
Vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers (children under 12) will need to complete the Safe Passage website prior to sailing. Your requirements to board the ship are dependent upon your vaccination status.
Vaccinated Guests (B)
- Vaccinated guests will not be required to take a Covid test prior to boarding the ship.
- Vaccinated guests will use their Safe-Passage account to upload their vaccination card to confirm their vaccination status.
- Do NOT just show up with your vaccination card at the cruise port. This will NOT get you onboard. Your vaccination card must be uploaded to the Safe Passage website prior to arrival and approved.
- Vaccinated guests who have traveled outside the US recently will be required to take a covid test at the port in order to board the ship.
Unvaccinated Guests (A)
- Unvaccinated guests need to set up an account on the Safe Passage website.
- Unvaccinated guests will be required to take a PCR Covid test no later than 5 days prior to cruise departure and upload the results to the Safe Passage website.
- Unvaccinated guests will be required to take a rapid Covid test at the port prior to getting on the ship at the guest’s expense. Covid tests are at the expense of the passenger.
- Unvaccinated guests will be required to take a rapid Covid test to disembark the ship after the sailing is complete at the guest’s expense.
- Unvaccinated guests will be required to purchase travel insurance. Check the DCL Know Before You Go website to see the specific travel insurance requirements.
- All of the Covid tests and insurance policies will be at the expense of the guest. Unless the guest is under the age of 12 and not eligible to get the Covid vaccination.
The bottom line is this, all guests who want to sail with Disney Cruise Line and are eligible to be vaccinated should be vaccinated. There are so many additional steps to sailing if you have not been vaccinated. Guests also run the risk of being turned away at the port when the vaccination requirements have not been met. Can you imagine the disappointment after traveling to cruise and then not being able to get on board?
All requirements are subject to change at any time. Please read Disney’s Know Before you Go website to ensure vaccination requirements are the same. The Bahamas are requiring guests to be vaccinated to sail to their ports including all private islands as of August 20, 2021. This could change Disney Cruise Line’s requirements as well!
Pin this to save for your Disney Cruise!