As I’m sure you’ve guessed, Hollywood Studios is high on everyone’s list to visit while in town thanks to Galaxy’s Edge and Rise of the Resistance! Although that is a big draw, there are many other exciting rides to experience in this park and they fill up fast. This park isn’t the largest, but due to its many in demand attractions you definitely need to have a plan before you arrive. And of course, I’ve included tips for how to get a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance!
Remember that some attractions are not currently open and there is no estimate of when they will reopen. Character meet and greets are on hold, and parades have been replaced with character calvacades throughout the day, and fireworks, they’re on hold too! But don’t despair! Disney has surprised us all with ways to make your park days just as magical. Truthfully, some changes I hope will stay for good!
A couple other key points to keep in mind are:
- A reservation is required ahead of time to enter the park and can be made by clinking the link in your My Disney Experience app.
- Masks are required by everyone 2 years old and up to be worn at all times unless eating or drinking while stationary. Disney is very strict about this. They are serious about our safety.
- Weekdays are less busy with shorter wait times and preferred if you can manage it
- Be sure to check the park hours in advance and double check again the night before you plan to visit as they often vary between days and can change.
- Wait times are often shown longer than they actually are (which is good news!)
- Don’t be intimidated by the size of the lines. With social distancing being enforced throughout the entire line they look much more intimidating than they really are.
Prior to Arrival
You do not need to be at Hollywood Studios to get a boarding pass for the morning virtual queue of Rise of the Resistance.
To get your Virtual Boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance logon to your My Disney Experience app shortly before 7 am EST then at 7 am click “Join” under the Virtual Queue area. It is very difficult to get a spot in the queue. Find my Tips to get a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Pass here.
If you do not successfully get a boarding pass at 7 am you can try again at 1:00 pm but you must be inside Hollywood Studios to attempt to join the queue.
Arrival to Hollywood Studios
On your Hollywood Studios day, you’ll want to arrive 30 minutes to 45 minutes prior to park opening time.
Remember there are several new steps and changes in the arrival process:
- There are no trams running in the parking lots so you will be walking
- First you will go through the temperature screening line
- Second is security with metal detectors
- And finally, the Ticket entrance!
When you enter the park go straight down the main street (Hollywood Blvd) antry to ignore all those fun shops (you can come back to them later). When you see Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway resist the urge to get in line and instead take a slight right and head to Toy Story Land.
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Toy Story Mania
- Alien Saucer Spin
- Tower of Terror
- Rockin Roller Coaster
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen sing-Along Celebration – check show times
- As you pass by Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway check the wait time. If the line is an hour or less, get in line. If not, continue moving and return later but be mindful of your time if this is a must ride attraction for your family.
- Star Tours
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (- Ultimate Guide to Galaxy’s Edge can be found here)
- Mickey Minnie’s Runaway Railway
As you’re following your touring plan you can always squeeze these in as you walk by if time allows or add them at the end of the day.
- Lightening McQueens Racing Academy – check showtimes
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Vacation Fun – An Original Animated Short with Mickey and Minnie
- Walt Disney Presents
- Disney Junior Play and Dance! – check showtimes
Other things to do at Hollywood Studios:
Build your Droid or Lightsaber
- Not a ride but a ton of fun!
- Reservations are required and can be made 60 days prior to arrival
- You can find the complete guide to Galaxy’s Edge here
This action packed day will leave you ready for a good night’s sleep! Make sure you check out my tips for getting in the Rise of the Resistance Virtual queue. Good luck and may the force be with you.
Click here for a free no obligation quote to visit Disney World.