2020 Festival of the Arts
The newest of Disney’s Epcot Festivals has returned for the third year. Epcot Festival of the Arts made it’s debut in January of 2017 and has quickly become a fan favorite!
Epcot’s Festival of the Arts will return January 17 – February 24, 2020!
- My most favorite is the Flower and Garden Festival in the Spring! March 4 – June 1, 2020
- Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
- Epcot Festival of the Holidays
Epcot Festival of the Arts celebrates the arts in all forms! Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and Culinary Delights!
How to Best Enjoy the Epcot Festival of the Arts
- Make a plan of which of the 17 Festival Kiosk and foods you can’t miss.
- Don’t miss the Broadway Concert series which happens 3 times nightly at the American Garden Theater.
- Make Broadway Concert dining reservations if you want a reserved seat at the show.
- Make a plan for entertaining the kids. There are so many opportunities for them at the Festival of the Arts that will keep them wanting to explore the World Showcase.
- Use the touring plan below to plan your day.
New for 2020!
- Le Cellier Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays – this is on my list of must trys!
- Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine – purchase 5 items from the select menu, collet the stamp and receive a culinary prize. Don’t worry, they don’t all have to be purchased in one day! You can collect stamps throughout the festival.
Included with Park Admission:
- Complimentary Seminars
- Animation Academy
- Art that has Influenced Disney History
- Artful Exclusives
- Broadway Concert Series
Festival Seminars will take place at the World Showplace Events Pavillion in 2020!
Complimentary Seminars and workshops take place 2 times daily in the World Showplace Events Center located between Canada and the UK.
Interactive Workshops happy Friday through Monday and require advanced reservations by calling 407-WDW-Tour
- Infinite Wisdom – Floral Creation, Photography, Ink & Paint, 3D Crafts, and More – $45 per person
- Paint with a Disney Artist on select Saturdays – $259 per guest
Call me silly but I love this “Paint by Numbers” guest completed mural! A mural is competed every few days and then displayed in Future World for all to see.
When you check-in at the Expression Session (located in the World Showcase between the entrance from Future World and before getting to Canada, a Cast Member will either assign you a color or let you choose depending on what is left of the mural to be completed. Then they’ll tell you how many squares to paint to help complete this piece of art. Guest of all ages are welcome to participate!
Artful Photo Ops
These awesome backdrops are located throughout Epcot with a Photopass Photographer in place to take your entire families picture. Keep in mind that they are also happy to take your picture with your own camera or phone! I love this about Disney!
And you know what I love about this the most? Our kids(adults too!) are being exposed to famous paintings and artists in a fun and impactful way! They may not remember a piece of art or artist in a museum or book but when they actually get to be a part of the art maybe it will stand out in their memories! I heart the arts !!!
Art Defying Gravity
This will change in 2020 as the Fountain Stage is no longer there. Updates to come!
Performed daily on the fountain stage during the Epcot Festival of the Arts you’ll experience live performance with stunts that will seem to defy gravity!
Another part of the arts I LOVE! The sidewalk chalk art at the Epcot Festival of the Arts is amazing! You’ll be able to see completed pieces that literally jump of the sidewalk at you and also be able to watch artist set up and complete the art. I love to see their process and how the “build” these amazing pieces of work. My one question is… how do they feel when all of their hard work washes away in the rain? And on that note, why do they choose sidewalks for art rather than a canvas that can be preserved for life? Does anyone know?
Food Studios – Artful food!
When food is pretty does it actually taste better? I kinda think so! Her’es to fancy food and the chefs who create it for the Epcot Festival of the Arts!
There are 14 Culinary Art Food Studios filled with artful goodness to eat at the 2020 Festival of the Arts. Plan ahead you can’t possibly eat it all!
Future World East
Near Test Track
- Lobster Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- Paintbrush Churros – these are so cute!
- Sparkling Red Wine
Showcase Plaza near Port of Entry
- Lobster Chips
The Masterpiece Kitchen
L’rt de la Cuisine Francaise – The Art of French Cooking
Goshiki – New 2020
The Artist Table
The American Adventure
Fife & Drum Tavern
The American Adventure
- Musical Float
Block and Hans
The American Adventure
The American Adventure
L’Arte Di Mangiare
- Chilled Shrimp with Quina and Layer Vegetables
The Painted Panda
El Artista Hambriento – The Hungry Artist
Let them Eat Art
The Deconstructed Dish
Showcase Plaza near Disney Traders
Epcot Festival of the Arts Food Extras
Joffery’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Showcase Plaza Kiosk; near Disney Traders – Surreal Cinnamon Latte
- Canada Kiosk – Starry night Latte
- The American Adventure- Burbon Brushstroke Latte
- Future World East: Espresso-nist Latte
Epcot Festival of the Arts Gluten-Free options by Food Studio
Disney does an amazing job of providing options that are food allergy-friendly and GOOD! Unfortunately, the festival kiosks don’t have too many choices. You’ll need to plan ahead knowing that not all locations offer gluten-free options.
- Cuisine Classique – Seared Corvina with braised Ratatouille and Lemon-Thyme Beurre Blanc (GF)
- The Artists Table – Pan-Seared Scallop with Chorizo, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis and a Parmesan Crisp (GF)
- The Painters Palate – Mickey and Pluto White Chocolate Painting with Chocolate Easel (GF) (V)
- The Painters Palate – Festival of the Arts White Chocolate Painting with Chocolate Easel (GF) (V)
- Pop Eats -Sous Vide Poulet Rouge Chicken Roulade with Apples and Sage served with Warm Brie Fondue, Blueberry and Beet Gel and garnished with Apple and Beet Chips (GF)
- Pop Eats – Shrimp Ceviche with Lime-Mint Foam (GF)
Festival of the Arts Entertainment
Disney on Broadway Concert Series
See some of your favorite Disney songs being performed by Broadway’s greatest stars on the American Garden Theater stage. This is one of my favorite concert series of the year! Pick your favorite Disney movie and head on over to see your favorite music performed lived! Their voices are amazing!
Show Times: 5:30 pm, 6:45 pm, 8:00 pm each evening
Location: American Garden Theater, World Showcase
Broadway Concert Series Performers
- Heidi Blickenstaff – Ursula in the Little Mermaid, Disney Channels Freaky Friday
- Kerry Butler – Belle in Beauty and the Beast
- Kevin Massey – Tarzan in Tarzan
- Meredith Inglesby – Babette in Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid Cast
- Steve Blanchard – Beast in Beauty and the Beast, Newsies
- Arielle Jacobs – Jasmin in Jasmine, High School Musical
- Adam Jacobs – Aladdin in Aladin, Simba in The Lion King
- Gavin Lee – Oliver in Mary Poppins
- Ashely Brown – Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins, Belle in Beauty and the Beast
- Josh Strickland – Tarzan in Tarzan
- Kissy Simmons – Nala in The Lion King
- Alton Fitzgerald White – King Mufasa in The Lion King
Schedule of Artists
- Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White
- January 17, 20, 21, 24
- Heidi Blickenstaff & Gavin Lee
- January 18, 19, 22, 23
- Kissy Simmons, Alton Fitzgerald White, Heidi Blickenstaff & Gavin Lee
- January 25
- Kara Lindsay & Kevin Massey
- January 26, 28, 29, February 1, 2, 5, 6
- Liana Hunt & Adam Jacobs
- January 27, 30, 31, February 3, 4, 7, 8
- Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey, Liana Hunt & Adam Jacobs
- February 9
What is the Epcot Festival of the Arts “Concert Series Dining Package”?
When you make a reservation with an Epcot Festival of the Arts Concert Series Dining Package each person in the dining party will be allowed a guaranteed spot at one of the nightly shows. The reserved show time is based on the dining time selected.
If you don’t have a dining package you’ll look for these standby entrance signs to line up for your showtime of choice. You will need to get in line 30-45 minutes prior to showtime to be admitted to the show. For the most popular artists plan to be there an hour to an hour and a half in advance.
What you need to know about the Concert Series Dining Package:
- Dining plans are accepted and are 2 table credits per person.
- Out of pocket expense varies by restaurant. Price starts at $330 for breakfast, $21 for lunch and $21 for dinner.
- Reservations should be made on your My Disney Experience account or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
- Make sure to choose the Concert Series Dining Package at your desired restaurant NOT a regular dining reservation.
- Breakfast: Buffet or family style meal
- Lunch/Dinner: Appetizer, entrees, and dessert or buffet/family style in some restaurants.
- Biergarten Restaurant: Germany
- Lunch and dinner
- Coral Reef Restaurant: The Seas
- Lunch and dinner
- The Garden Grill Restaurant: The Land
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room: United Kingdom
- Lunch and dinner
Epcot Festival of the Arts Merchandise
Epcot Festival of the Arts Marketplaces are located throughout the World Showcase to help commemorate your experience or take home a piece of your favorite art!
- Festival Marketplaces throughout the park – mini pop up shops with varying festival merchandise
- Art of Disney – Future World East – exquisite art from festival artists
- Mouse Gear – One of my favorite Disney stores in all of Disney World! You can find EVERYTHING here!
- House of Blues – near Germany
Kid-Sized Festival Fun
Kidcot Fun Stops
Kids can stop in each country to pick up their Ziploc brand suitcase and touring cards in each country. (Not specific to the festival)
Figments Brush with the Masters
The festival scavenger hunts are a favorite in our house! It’s a great way to keep the kids interested and moving around the World Showcase!
The cost of the map with stickers is $6.99 and can be picked up at Oddesy Festival Marketplace, Pin Central, Disney Traders or World Traveler.
Get the Epcot Festival of the Arts 2019 Map Here – 2020 map will be updated when its avaliable
Epcot Festival of the Arts Passport
Enjoy checking off your list in your Epcot Festival of the Arts Passport as you make your way around Epcot and the World Showcase. You can pick up a passport and map as you enter Epcot or all around Epcot at the festival merchandise locations or food studios.
Touring Plan for the Epcot Festival of the Arts
Start your day at Epcot by arriving 30 minutes prior to the park opening. Daily park hours can be found here.
The World Showcase opens daily at 11 am.
Food Studios are open from 11 pm to 9 pm each day.
You can enter the World Showcase prior to 11 am and go as far as Norway on the left side or France on the right side.
The only reason I suggest entering World Showcase prior to 11 am would be to ride Frozen Ever After in Norway. The wait times can be long if you don’t’ have a FastPass. You could skip all of Future World upon entry to Epcot and go straight to Norway to ride Frozen Ever After but keep in mind this will result in a lot of extra walking and backtracking to cover all of Epcot.
In this park touring plan we’re focusing on covering the Epcot Festival of the Arts and only riding the main attractions at Epcot. If you’re more focused on the Epcot attractions this is not the touring plan for your day.
See all Epcot touring plans here.
Note about FastPass+ at Epcot:
Epcot operates on a tiered FastPass system meaning the most popular attractions Soarin, Test Track and Frozen Ever After are in Tier One and all of the other Fast Pass attractions are in Tier Two. You can read more about the tiered FastPass system and how it works here.
In this touring plan, I have chosen Frozen Ever After as the tier one FastPass selection simply for ease of moving through the park without much backtracking and additional walking.
- If you have an Epcot Festival of the Arts concert dining package reservation insert it into the touring plan as needed.
At park opening head directly to:
*All FastPass attractions and anything time sensitive will be noted in bold.
I prefer to enter the World Showcase and head right towards Canada. I find going towards Mexico is more crowded
- Test Track
- FastPass for Mission to Space 10 am to 11 am
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends (if time)
- FastPass for SpaceShip Earth 11 am to 12 pm
- Pick up a map for Figments Brush with the Masters at Pin Central prior to entering World Showcase.
- Disney on Broadway Performing Arts – aim for the 6:45 pm show and depending on the crowd level be in line 30-45 mins prior to the show starting. For the most popular artist, you may need to be in line up to 1 1/2 hours prior to showtime.
- FastPass for Frozen Ever After 8 pm to 9 pm
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth 9 or 9:30
*Check times guide for daily schedule or look at the entertainment guide online to ensure you don’t miss it. You will want to find a spot 30-45 mins prior to show time to get a spot up front. Because the viewing area is so large it’s not hard to get a good viewing location.